Getter Graffiti v0.3 out! More graffiti and game play improvements!
The Getter Graffiti v0.3 update is done! The changes include:
- - more graffiti sprites to spray
- - fixed some level design that was causing issues
- - Music now loops correctly
- - slime enemy sprites properly added in
- - you can now fall and land on another railing
- - overall the game should feel more fluid
- - a "Spray" icon will appear when you can spray an object
I had to pass on fixing some other issues since I need to get to work on the Stawberry game jam game, so here's all the known issues:
- - spraying graffiti can still be too spotty
- - The "Break out" icon can appear in front of the flying enemy scene due to the camera no centering properly
Once I get the Strawberry game jam game finished, I'll most likely take a bit of a break and then get back to work on Getter Graffiti. For the next update I'm going to try and:
- - rework the spray system so it feels more responsive
- - add in collecting spray cans and spray amount system so you have to keep track of how much paint you have as each object will have a needed amount of paint to spray it
- - start planning the "speed up" feature which will speed up the pace of the game and the animations of the enemies so the game gets harder as you play.
- change the way spraying works internally so I can have different objects with the same graffiti sprays.